New York City's having a blizzard right now, so I did the sensible thing and built this snowman on my window air conditioning unit.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Sunday, January 17, 2010
New year, new semester, new living situation, new start.
Backlong from last semester:
-Comics about bird-people (above), rabbits, and witches.
-Etchings: multiple states, hand-blended colours, aquatint fuck-ups.
-Naked people! So many naked people.
Coming soon this semester:
-Experimental short comix
-Oscar Wilde. So many comics, so many drawings.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
After putting the second state in the acid bath, I inked the plate for a test print.
Which turned out rather well, I think.
Then, I covered the plate in hard-ground again again, etched a garland of stars and some other symbols into it, then struck the "negative space" of the oval to create a snow-like texture. Next week I get to see how it looks!
For Principles of Cartooning class, we had to expand one of our four-panel autobio comics (I expanded "Long-Distance Relationship") into 24 loose panels. Then we had to draw two more versions of each of those 24 panels, to end up with 72 panels total. These images show my stack.
In class on Wednesday, we got in groups where we went through and picked "the best" version of each-other's panels to create a comic. Below are scans of the panels chosen by the people I was working with. Now I get to turn this mess into a two-page comic!
P.S. Click on any image, then on "view all sizes" to see it larger and more text-reading-friendly.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Sick-day so no new artwork today, but here's this little cuttlefish (or cuddlefish) plushie I made as a gift earlier, seeing as he recently arrived at his new home in Scotland. Very cuddly, adorable, and cephalopod-esque.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Working on a gryphon today in etching class. I had to bite this in acid and re-apply the hardground to finish the image because I had an issue with the first coat flaking, you can see those already-bitten lines in light brown here.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
First, made several rough thumbnails to get down the pacing/panel layout. This is the one I mostly used.
Then I made "nice thumbnails" for critique in class:
With some tweaking this is going to be on it's way to becoming a finished comic. PS Also click on any to see it larger.