Monday, October 26, 2009

Thursday, October 1, 2009


Update on the previously mentioned gryphon etching:

gryphon etching progress 10-01-09

After putting the second state in the acid bath, I inked the plate for a test print.

gryphon etching progress 10-01-09

Which turned out rather well, I think.

gryphon etching progress 10-01-09

Then, I covered the plate in hard-ground again again, etched a garland of stars and some other symbols into it, then struck the "negative space" of the oval to create a snow-like texture. Next week I get to see how it looks!


72 Comics Panels 09-30-09

For Principles of Cartooning class, we had to expand one of our four-panel autobio comics (I expanded "Long-Distance Relationship") into 24 loose panels. Then we had to draw two more versions of each of those 24 panels, to end up with 72 panels total. These images show my stack.

In class on Wednesday, we got in groups where we went through and picked "the best" version of each-other's panels to create a comic. Below are scans of the panels chosen by the people I was working with. Now I get to turn this mess into a two-page comic!






P.S. Click on any image, then on "view all sizes" to see it larger and more text-reading-friendly.